A key reason why all of my previous efforts failed miserably was because I didn't tell anyone about what I wanted to do. I didn't let my family or friends know anything, so when I started slacking and giving in to all the reasons why I should just quit and go do something normal no one was there to tell me to man up. So I over corrected and here you are today. This time if I decide to quit after a couple days I can count on at least one person to ridicule or motivate me back on track. I'll be posting my progress on here along with the philosophy behind my method which I'll introduce at the end of this article. But fear not, this isn't one of those blogs where I tell you how to live or give you the secrets to happiness, there are tons of resources out there that can do a much better job then I can. However, I will be writing about some of the techniques I'll use during my experiment. If you see something that resonates with you feel free to use or talk to me about it.
Now here are the rules of the experiment:
- I have 30 days to create a product or service of value to a chosen niche (a small group of people I'll be selling my product to)
- I must start off everyday with a list of tasks that will further my goal, and I cant do anything else until everything is finished
- I must end my day with a reflection of my current accomplishments and failures, along with a list of things I could have done better
- I will only work on my tasks when I'm in a state of complete focus in 50 minute intervals
- I wont-or i'll try my best to keep my goal off my mind whenever I'm not working on it
Finally, why am I doing all this? Because I want to do my part to create a better world, and I think the only way for one person to do that is to find, pursue, and share what they love with the people around them. I'm Leul, I'm a dreamer, and this blog is a record of my first dream experiment.