Friday, March 8, 2013

Rule 2: Getting a fresh start

Its day eight now and I recently escaped a snag in my plans, In fact, if it wasn't for this blog I would have already quit. Not a lot of people know this about me but I am a huge gamer. I started playing online games when I was in my sophomore year in high school and I've been playing on and off since then. I've always been ashamed of it. It just felt like a huge waste of time to put so much work and effort into a computer game with nothing physical to show for it. Over the years I've learned a ton and met some cool people online and I'll do a post about that in the future, but for now I've decided to hang up my gaming mouse and devote all of my time to my dream.

So lets jump right in with rule two: I must start off everyday with a list of tasks that will further my goal, and I can't do anything else until everything is finished

This is the most effective technique  to improving your quality of life. There is so much potential in every day of your life and all you need to do to tap into it is have the desire to create a productive and fulfilling day. If you start off everyday with small goals and intentions there is a higher chance that you will spend your day doing the things that you find important and fulfilling compared to just going through the motions. You will have more moments, better interactions with the people around you, and you will go to sleep at night satisfied that you spent your time wisely. Think about the first time you entered a new place in your life, like the first day of school or a new job. That first month always feels long because you are consciously there to experience all the new things happening around you. Your days were filled with new people, tasks, and scenes and the primal side of you needs to stay alert to protect you from any kind of danger. Then as you start to become adapted to your new environment things start to speed up. Suddenly you are doing the same thing everyday with little variation and weeks and months speed up without anything new. I'm terrified of being in this state and I do my best everyday to combat it.

How you start off your day also influences the choices you make to the different opportunities and situations that come your way. If you go about your morning with no type of direction or intention you enter this zombie like state where you  pass through all the new opportunities and experiences that are constantly  entering your life. Your state of mind dictates what you get out of everything you experience. I don't quite have the knowledge and writing skill to communicate the importance of this concept yet but know this: Your state of mind shows from the inside out and it dictates exactly how your life plays out. When your in a positive state of mind you make the most of every situation on a level you're not fully conscious of. And the best way to make sure you stay in a positive state of mind is to start off each day with goals and intentions. Just take a couple minutes right after waking up and make a list of things you would like to do or experience and keep that list in mind as you go about your day. As you make a habit of doing this you'll accomplish more and experience things you would've normally waited months to do. Along with a list of broad goals for a longer period of time you'll be well on your way to living a more fulfilling and meaningful life.



No comments:

Post a Comment